Introduction to Non-Custodial Wallets
A crypto wallet is a tool that allows users to interact with a blockchain network and it can be used to send and receive cryptocurrencies. Among other things, crypto wallets comprise two main components: a public key and a private key.
- A public key generates the wallet address users can make transactions with. Therefore, wallet addresses and your public key can be shared with others.
- Private keys, however, should be treated as highly confidential as they sign transactions and provide access to users’ own funds.
In using a standard custodial crypto wallet, assets are held in custody by a third party on behalf of the wallet user. This means that the same third party will have access and can manage those private keys. In other words, users do not have full control over their own funds nor the ability to sign their transactions. In entrusting private keys to a third party, it is pivotal to choose a reliable exchange or service provider. Throughout the years, evidence has shown that this might not be an easy task and even the most trustworthy actors in the industry have been exposed to external threats or internal frauds.
On the other hand, a non-custodial crypto wallet ensures that only the holder possesses and has full control over their private keys and funds, eliminating the need for any intermediary. Non-custodial wallets are also necessary in order to interact with a decentralized exchange (DEX) or decentralized application (DApp). This is the strength of non-custodial wallets and this is where eckoWALLET comes into play.
eckoWALLET: Your Non-Custodial Solution to Financial Freedom
eckoWALLET was born with the clear and ultimate mission of empowering the Kadena community as an answer to the growing need of having a single and reliable gateway within the Kadena ecosystem.
The eckoDAO team worked hard to create eckoWALLET, the very first Kadena-compatible wallet that is now available both as web extension and user-friendly mobile app, providing users the freedom to store, manage and now swap their k:assets securely and with ease.
eckoWALLET’s raison d'être is based on two main pillars:
- Non-profit orientation. eckoWALLET is entirely developed by eckoDAO and it is meant to exist solely as a free Kadena community tool.
- Open source: open-source code allows for transparency, innovation and collaboration, enhancing adoption to how-to's on interacting with PACT language.
A User-Friendly, Responsive Interface:
- Send, receive, store & swap your native Kadena assets.
- Abstracts the complexity of Kadena’s revolutionary multi-chain chainweb architecture, with a chain agnostic approach.
- Integrated with eckoDEX so you can perform gas-free swaps.
- Integrated with most DeFi Kadena DApps (including NFTs) and the eckoDEX.
- Dedication to improving the user experience through constant updates on both Web and iOS or Android versions.
- Security-By-Design Approach.
- Audited by Certik.
- An Intuitive UX And Advanced Privacy Options.
- k:assets can be easily moved across all of Kadena’s chains.
- eckoWALLET will never have access to any of users’ private keys nor personal data.
- Complete ownership of your keys and full control over your assets.
- All generated accounts are k:accounts by default.
- eckoWallet is also compatible with IOS, Android, Chrome and Brave.
- Private key management system that uses advanced encryption techniques.
eckoWALLET has been audited by Certik, a leading security firm that specializes in blockchain security. This independent audit serves as an assurance to users that the wallet has undergone rigorous testing and is free from any vulnerabilities or weaknesses.
eckoWALLET has implemented a state-of-the-art user Interface that strives at the same time for user-friendliness and innovation. Many more features – such as the most recent "Convert/Swap" option that will enable users to trade directly from their mobile – will be developed and implemented across all devices. The eckoDAO product suite is designed for innovating and expanding the Kadena Ecosystem, from both a user standpoint and a tech perspective.
Join the Gasless Revolution through eckoWALLET
Without a third-party custodial, eckoWALLET offers users full control over your keys and k:assets. Transactions operate at the highest possible speed and they rely on the infinitely scalable structure of Kadena and its low gas nature.
eckoWALLET also strives for the highest level of security possible. The wallet has recently undergone an external audit process, carried out by the specialized and best-in-class firm CertiK. eckoDAO is dedicated towards continuously enhancing security for users and is not willing to negotiate on it. We understand our responsibility in guaranteeing safety within our products.
How to set up and use eckoWALLET
It could have never been easier. There are only 4 easy but very important steps:
- Download: Add the free eckoWALLET extension to your browser or download the app on your mobile device.
- Set your password: Create a strong, secret, and unique password. See the Basic Safety Tips section for suggestions on password generation.
- Download and save the recovery phrase: Download and safely guard your 12 word recovery phrase.
- Verify recovery phrase: and enjoy the eckoWALLET experience.
If you're looking for more information about eckoWALLET and its features, we recommend checking out our FAQ section. Our FAQ provides extended details on various topics related to eckoWALLET, including how to get started, security features, and troubleshooting. You can find the FAQ section at the following link:
We hope this resource will be helpful to you in learning more about eckoWALLET and getting the most out of your experience.
Deep-Dive into the eckoWALLET Roadmap
The provided roadmap may be subject to change based on infrastructure needs, developer availability, and input from KDX holders.
- Dark mode
- Kadenanames Integration
- SDK easy integration kit
- NFT’s integration
Without a third-party guardian, eckoWALLET offers full control over your keys and k:assets the most up to date Kadena advancements.
To summarise, our mission to build more and empower users is just getting started. We are confident that by working collaboratively with our community, we can create a truly transformative ecosystem allowing everyone to control their financial future. Anyone who shares our vision is welcome to join us on this exciting journey.